Can't find the answer? Try online tutoring
We have the UK’s best selection of online tutors, when and for how long you need them.
Getting 1-on-1 support is cheaper than you might think.
- The genes for ruby eyes (rb), tan body (t) and cut wings (ct) are all found on the X-chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster. All of these are recessive traits. They map in the order rb, ct, t with 12.5 map units between rb and ct and 7.5 map units between ct and t. Suppose you cross a cut wing male with a homozygous female that is both tan and has ruby eyes.
- What will the F1 females look like?
- Draw map of the section of the X chromosomes that has these 3 genes for the F1 females
- Assume you testcross your F1 females.
- What progeny classes would you expect? ii. Give approximate numbers for each class based on a total of 2000 progeny.
- Assuming the i=1 and there are no double crossovers.
- Assuming the i=0 and there are the expected number of double crossovers.