Ask a question
Can't find the answer? Try online tutoring
We have the UK’s best selection of online tutors, when and for how long you need them.
Getting 1-on-1 support is cheaper than you might think.
- The genes for ruby eyes (rb), tan body (t) and cut wings (ct) are all found on the X-chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster. All of these are recessive traits. They map in the order rb, ct, t with 12.5 map units between rb and ct and 7.5 map units between ct and t. Suppose you cross a cut wing male with a homozygous female that is both tan and has ruby eyes.
- What will the F1 females look like?
- Draw map of the section of the X chromosomes that has these 3 genes for the F1 females
- Assume you testcross your F1 females.
- What progeny classes would you expect? ii. Give approximate numbers for each class based on a total of 2000 progeny.
- Assuming the i=1 and there are no double crossovers.
- Assuming the i=0 and there are the expected number of double crossovers.
A researcher is given the task of designing a protein that will bind to a receptor very well. The receptor's binding site has strong positive charges at the edges and negative charges in the center. How would you go about designing the protein to bind to it?