£20 per hour
I am a second year Chemistry undergraduate at Imperial College London, also having completed a full year of Biomedical Science with a 1st class. I have a strong background in Sciences - particularly Chemistry and Biology - and Maths.
I am a patient, cheerful person, with a genuine wish of helping students reach their goals. I always give my best to make tutorials interesting and dynamic, and I use teaching methods that trigger understanding rather than just memorising.
Romanian Baccalaureate: MATHS - 9.9/10 or 99% (A equivalent) BIOLOGY - 10/10 or 100% (A equivalent)
Cambridge International Chemistry A Level - A*
IELTS test: 8.5/9 (CEFR Level: C2)
PIANO certificate: awarded with a mark of 10/10.
APPROACH TO TUTORING
Apart from usual textbooks, I use additional materials in order to make students comprehend certain notions better. For instance, I use molecular modelling kits to help Chemistry students visualise chemical compounds.
I always tailor my teaching methods to fit my students
needs and be suitable for reaching their goals. I start preparation with a detailed preparation plan which is conceived based on the balance between the goal of the student, the amount of work/material to be covered and the students availability to allocate a certain amount of time for studying the subject. During the preparation, I combine theory teaching with problem solving, problem based learning, giving the right amount of homework and tests to ensure the student develops the skills needed in particular areas of the material.
I have been teaching Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Maths, English for IELTS and Piano to 14 students over the past year. My most notable accomplishment as a teacher was getting a student to jump from C to A in Biology, Chemistry and Physics in one month.
- Maths - experience in teaching KS2, KS3 and GCSE (grades 5, 6, 7, 10, 11)
- Chemistry - experience in teaching KS3, GCSE and A Level (grades 8, 9, 11) and Adult Learner Chemistry
- Biology - experience in teaching KS3, GCSE and A Level (grades 8, 9 and 12)
- Physics - experience in teaching KS3 and GCSE (grades 8 and 9)
- Piano - experience in teaching ABRSM levels: Prep/Absolute beginner, grade 1 and grade 4
- IELTS - experience in teaching the academic module.