£15 per hour
Hi guys! I am a Geology student from the University of Plymouth beginning his 3rd and final year. I have a specific interest in engineering geology and in total I've been studying earth sciences for over 5 years now (Including A Level) and am currently aiming towards a 2:1.
During my three years at university I have covered a wide range of topics in detail, the following is just a sample of the topics I can teach; if a topic you'd like to learn about is not listed below don't hesitate to ask me about it!
- Igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary petrology
- Sedimentology (E.g sedimentary structures, environments etc.)
- Geophysics (Different methods including - SP, Resistivity, Magnetic and Electromagnetic)
- Geological Mapping (I have just returned from a month long mapping project in the Isle of Skye, and have previous experience mapping in northern Spain!) -Structural Geology (Faults, Folds and other deformations!)
Listed below you will find my education history and experience in the field of geology/earth sciences.
- University of Plymouth, BSc Applied Geology 2016 – 2019
Key topics covered: Structural geology, Sedimentology, geological map analysis, igneous and metamorphic petrology, volcanology, palaeontology, geophysics, stratigraphy, geological field work/geological mapping.
Third year module choices: Emphasis on petroleum geoscience, mineral geo-resources and advanced geological fieldwork techniques.
- South Downs College, A Levels 2014 – 2016
Courses taken: Geology - B, Archaeology - C, Ancient History – C
- Priory School, GCSE’s 2009 – 2014
Courses taken: 13 GCSE’s at grade C or above, including: English – B, Maths – B, Science – C, French – A*, Spanish - B