£30 per hour
I see you browsing for a tutor... yes you! Come on over to my profile, i am happy to help you or i can help point you in the right direction.
My name is Patrice Hughes and I have been a Private Tutor for nearly 6 years now; working with students of all ages and learning abilities – ranging from the ages of 4 years up to 50 years old.
I have been teaching and tutoring for over five years; I have a PGCE Teaching Degree and a BA Honours Degree. I have taught English Language, Literature and Maths in KS2, SATs, KS3 and GCSE.
I have taught students with various learning abilities – Dyslexia, ADHD, Aspergers and Autism within my Tutoring and Supply Teaching.
Furthermore, I have three years experience in teaching English as a Second Language due to various volunteer programme's I have attended in Spain and France. This was predominately the ages of 18 + and were business men and women.
I have mild Dyslexia, in which, I do not see it as a hindrance in my learning and teaching. It’s made me more determined and inspired me to become more successful. Also, I have a certificate in Dyslexia and Learning. I am more than happy to help others with Dyslexia, to overcome any day to day or learning problems they may be facing.
I'm offering the following to any students:
- Reading, Writing, Phonics and Number skills for children, ready for Primary School.
- Advanced preparation for SATS and GCSE's in English and Maths.
- Helping to boost their confidence in areas they may be requiring additional support.
- Advanced preparation for 11+ exams in English, Maths and Verbal Reasoning.
- Aiding Dyslexic, Autistic and Aspergers with core skills by using creative methods.
I'm happy to provide reviews from previous and current students and parents, if you would like to hear their opinion of my teaching.