Join us as a tutor today
Tutorhub students need you
Our success depends on you. Tutorhub works in partnership with expert tutors in all subjects to answer questions and offer 1-2-1 private online tutoring on our site. If you are passionate about your subject, know your way around the National Curriculum, want to earn money, share your knowledge and gain excellent tutoring experience join up today.
You’re in control
Tutorhub offers you an easy way to tutor online. You set your own hourly tuition rate and choose when and how often you work. It's easy to register, get started and earn money, the first step is to join up.
You need to be UK based and have an up-to-date CRB, DBS, Disclosure Scotland or Access Northern Ireland check and a Paypal account to receive payment.
3 Steps to tutoring online with Tutorhub
Easy to register
- Sign up and complete your profile
- Tell potential customers about yourself, your subject specialisms and don’t forget to add a photo
- Decide on your hourly rate
Easy to get started
- Start by contributing to some questions on our Q&A hub, and get known amongst our students
- Get contacted direct by students looking for support and browsing our tutor list
- Arrange tutoring, agree a date and a time with the student, and off you go!
Easy to get paid
- You set your hourly rate and get paid per minute
- On the first working day of the month we pay balances exceeding £5.00 - We pay your fee, minus 25%, into your nominated Paypal account (their fees apply) - You are self employed and responsible for your own tax*
- *2015/2016 you can earn £10,600 a year before you start paying tax
There are a few important points to mention:
- You respect the partnership with Tutorhub; when you are approached by our customers, we expect you to use our services (online classroom, payment and customer services). If you try and circumvent this by taking customers offline, we will terminate your membership.
- We only work with tutoring agencies by agreement. So no agency listings please without contacting us first.
If you are wondering how Tutorhub works please take a read through our How it works page.
Why does Tutorhub take 25% of the tutor fee?
Is it similar to tutoring on Skype?
Can I use Tutorhub for my own students?
Do I need to provide you with a copy of my DBS or CRB check?
How do I get a DBS check?
What happens if I am contacted by a student and cannot help?
Can I suspend or close my tutor profile
Any house rules?
What happens if there is a dispute?